If you haven't been to a confession in a while, we welcome you back and invite you to participate in this beautiful sacrament of healing. You are allowed to get this sacrament as many times as you feel like you need it. Take a step in faith and you will be very surprised with how free and peaceful you feel. Many Catholics express that they feel peace, joy, and relief. Jesus is calling, don't turn your back on Him.
Steps to reconciliation :
1. Before you go to confess, it is suggested to examine your conscious
1. The priest greets us, and we pray the Sign of the Cross. He invites us to trust in God. He may read God’s Word with us.
2. We confess our sins. The priest may help and counsel us.
3. The priest gives us a penance to perform. Penance is an act of kindness or prayers to pray, or both.
4. The priest asks us to express our sorrow, usually by reciting the Act of Contrition.
5. We receive absolution. The priest says, “I absolve you from your sins in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.” We respond, “Amen.”
6. The priest dismisses us by saying, “Go in peace.” We go forth to perform the act of penance he has given us.